It sounds like a dream come true for any vacationer. Relaxing on a white beach, enjoying tropical drinks, and snorkeling with colorful fish are some of the most memorable images that may come to mind when you think of the beautiful island nation. If you’re considering traveling there anytime soon, then there are a few things that you should know.
What exactly is a Maldives vacation?
A Maldives package vacation is an escape from regular life. A Maldives getaway might be ideal for those seeking an escape to the Maldives or simply some time away from home. Here’s everything you want to know about vacationing in the Maldives. The Maldives is a destination for many sorts of tourists, so whether you want to escape to the sand and sun or just get away from it all, a Maldives vacation might be ideal.
The good news is that contrary to popular belief, the Maldives actually do get very pleasant temperatures all year round. The perfect beach weather is said to be around 20 degrees, so even in the winter, you won’t have to sacrifice too much of what the country has to offer. As for the rain, it tends to be of short duration and not particularly severe, which is great for traveling. If you do end up catching a cold then there are plenty of beautiful islands that you can head to in the Indian Ocean to recover (or perhaps even better, stay away from!).
One of the main concerns that you’ll have to overcome if you visit the Maldives is the health issue. The country is extremely humid and has a lot of mosquitos, which can carry diseases like malaria and dengue fever. There is also an extremely high rate of HIV infection, especially among the young adult population, so you must be careful where you put your hands and what kind of sex you have (if any). In addition, consuming raw fish and fruit can cause parasites to develop in your intestines, which could potentially lead to serious health concerns.
For all these reasons, it’s best to maintain a healthy lifestyle while you’re in the Maldives. Fortunately, recent news articles report that tourism to the country has increased, and with it, awareness about these issues. People are becoming more health conscious and are more likely to be willing to travel to an infected region, knowing that they can reduce the risk of becoming ill.
The Maldives is classified as Category 2 on the 2020 International Safety and Security Guide for Travel to Indonesia. This is mainly because there have been incidents where tourists have been robbed or mugged at knifepoint on the street. Furthermore, certain villages in the country have been known to be extremely dangerous and violent, so it’s best to stay away from those areas if you want to enjoy your vacation in safety. You should also exercise extra caution if you visit inhabited areas as there have been reports of violent clashes between the locals and tourists in the past. If you are stuck in traffic on your way to the hotel, then try to find a peaceful spot to pull over and let the cars pass you by. In a nutshell, be smart about where you go and what you do in the Maldives.
Where to Stay
Accommodation in the Maldives is incredibly expensive, which is why most tourists choose to stay in one of the luxurious hotels on the island of Kuda Huvah. The good news is that there are plenty of decent 2-star hotels in the country that you can choose to stay at. One of the best places for budget travelers is the Villa Beach Inn. In addition to offering a great price for the quality of the rooms, the hotel has a 24-hour room service and a communal outdoor pool that is just steps away from the beach. If you want to cook your own food, you can make use of the hotel’s kitchenette.
One of the reasons why the Maldives draws tourists from around the world is the country’s beautiful and unique attractions. If you’ve never been there and you’re not really sure what to expect, then here’s a list of some of the most interesting things you might want to do while you’re there.
- Turtle farm
- Hale Boas Lagoon
- Nilhoo Beach
- Mudhaffar Island
- Fish market
- Veliyevaru Lagoon
What to Bring
Now that you’re probably thinking about traveling to the Maldives, then it’s time to start planning what you’ll need. There are a few items that you might find useful, and we’ve listed them below. Remember – safety first.
- Flotation device
- Tropical swimwear
- Honeymoon suite
- Head torch
Tips for Having a Great Time in the Maldives
Look no further for suggestions on how to enjoy the greatest Maldives vacation imaginably. Here are some suggestions to make your stay more enjoyable:
- Select a Maldives vacation package that meets your requirements. There’s a package for everyone, whether you want luxury or convenience
- Plan your Maldives vacation as soon as possible. The sooner you plan, the more likely you are to obtain the greatest discounts.
- Bring snorkeling equipment if you wish to get up and personal with the reefs. Many resorts may supply equipment for a fee, although it’s always a good idea to be ready in case supplies are few on the islands.
- Don’t forget to bring sunblock and sunglasses! On the islands, the sun may be fierce, so protect yourselves from the rays.
- Take advantage of the local activities when on vacation in the Maldives. Swimming with dolphins in Male or walking among ancient coral at Hulhumalei National Park are just a few of the activities available on each island.
- Know your boundaries when it comes to alcohol drinking in the Maldives. Alcohol is accessible on certain islands, although it’s not very extreme.
When is the best time to visit the Maldives?
The Maldives is one of the nicest destinations in the world to visit, and not just because of its beautiful beaches and clean oceans. The Maldives vacations are ideal for exploring this lovely nation and participating in all of the offered activities. Below are some of the top activities to do in the Maldives during your vacation:
- Visit Malé City and marvel at the centuries-old architecture & stunning temples.
- For a peaceful vacation, visit one of Malé Atoll’s many luxury resorts.
- Snorkel in vibrant coral reefs and scuba dive in crystal-clear seas teeming with aquatic life.
- Discover desolate islands featuring white-sand beaches and a thick rainforest canopy.
- Spend your days relaxing on the beach or exploring the island’s secret communities.
That’s everything. We hope that this article will help you make the right decision regarding your upcoming vacation to the Maldives package. If you have any further questions or comments, then please feel free to leave us a note below.